Author Topic: What Mixed Lowering Springs Look Like  (Read 5873 times)

C89ZX7R

• BANNED
What Mixed Lowering Springs Look Like
« on: November 29, 2013, 10:06:37 AM »
Last quest

Front ST's
Rear Eibach's

"Everyone knows the price of something but the value of nothing!"
Mods I Created "1g Maf On The Stock Harness" - "Datsun Brake Reservoir's On The Stock Master" - "Dsm Clutch Reservoir On The Stock Master"

FunkyPhil

• Administrator
Re: What Mixed Lowering Springs Look Like
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 10:20:10 AM »
What tires are on the car, and why Eibach rears? Or why not Eibach fronts?
87 Conquest Tsi: 519whp 519wtq 7.09@102--10.95@122
CLICK TO SEE BUILD

PSU_Crash

• Tire Shredder
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 09:34:59 AM »
I ran ST rears and Eibach fronts for a while. It sat nice with the rear slightly higher than the front with MK1 plates in the rear, stock isolators in the front. In the long run though the Eibach are just too soft for me. I could dive the air dam into the pavement on a hard corner. Not so with the STs. The progressive rate of the Eibachs is super comfy but not a "sport/perfomance" spring in my opinion. The rear Eibachs would bottom out over bridge joints. It was horrible. Also running new struts the whole way around so that's not the issue.

Sqr

• TBI Guy
  • TBi WHP KING
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 05:32:29 PM »
I thought the rear st were know for sagging? So the eiback rears sit lower yet? A buddy ran the st up front and the stock in the rear. Gave the car a bit of a  muscle car stance.

PSU_Crash

• Tire Shredder
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 01:51:13 PM »
With the ST in the rear and the Eibach in the front my car had a bit of a muscle car stance. Although the MK1 plates that I run in the back raise things up a half inch or so. With eibachs the whole way around the rear plates had things sitting pretty flat otherwise I believe it would have been sagging in the rear. ST all the way around now with the MK1 plates in the rear and I think things sit right where they should. I'll have to take a tape measure to it and compare tire gap but it's pretty close now.
From my experience either the STs or the Eibachs would sag in the rear but I thought it was worse with the Eibachs.
I contacted Heron about this after the GP a few years back when I bought them. He said I was the only one to ever complain about them and suggested maybe I got a somewhat defective springs since everyone else was happy with Eibach on all 4. Who knows but I wasn't happy with them at all

Sqr

• TBI Guy
  • TBi WHP KING
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 02:18:20 PM »
I allways wondered if the eibachs  Heron sold were really the same?

PSU_Crash

• Tire Shredder
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 07:33:15 PM »
It would be nice to know for sure!
I blame most of what I didn't like on the fact that the ST are a linear rate spring and the Eibach springs are progressive rate. In my opinion the Eibachs need a higher spring weight if they are going to be progressive and called a performance spring for us.

FunkyPhil

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 10:41:54 PM »
What shocks where you on Crash?
CLICK TO SEE BUILD

PSU_Crash

• Tire Shredder
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 08:37:11 PM »
KYB to begin with. Thought they were shot so i bought a set of MK1 to put in. When I pulled the KYBs they still had plenty of life to them but I put in the MK1 set anyways with no real difference. KYBs sit in a box for future use now

FunkyPhil

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 12:16:28 AM »
I dont understand why CJ used Eibach rears than? Maybe the Eibachs where meant for SHP's??

Im thinkin of Eiback fronts and D2 CO in the rear.
CLICK TO SEE BUILD

wrngwae

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2013, 07:47:05 AM »
Just put a set of ST all around on KYB's all 4 corners and Pillow ball front camber plates and non in the rear. the car looks like Joe's sig pic. and its sitting still. any suggestions? I went from muscle car on steroids look to loaded truck look. I just want it down a little and level. I have read that the pillow balls raise the front up but would prefer to keep camber adjustment so im not burning the inside of the tire down prematurely.

before springs
http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/wrngwae/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpg.html

after springs
http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/wrngwae/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-1.jpg.html

front after springs
http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/wrngwae/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-2.jpg.html

Hell the front looks higher after the lowering springs. and no,,,, they are not in backwards.
1989 Conquest. motor built by DAD .20 over block. Wiseco pistons. new m26 head w/ ss valves. Holset Hx35 at ??psi, hurricane MPI intake manifold. 75lb injectors. meth injection, 3" exhaust. 3bar map sensor. Ajusta Head gasket. ARP head studs. FIP updated by Scott87star

C89ZX7R

• BANNED
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2013, 09:38:05 AM »
ST's have a lower drop rate than Eibachs. To make the car look even due to the front fenders are cut higher the St's were used up front and the eibachs in the rear.

Its life started as Atlantic blue

"Everyone knows the price of something but the value of nothing!"
Mods I Created "1g Maf On The Stock Harness" - "Datsun Brake Reservoir's On The Stock Master" - "Dsm Clutch Reservoir On The Stock Master"