Author Topic: Funk Lock Feedback and Review  (Read 2816 times)

FunkyPhil

• Administrator
Funk Lock Feedback and Review
« on: July 25, 2015, 10:49:10 PM »
Introducing DA FUNK LOCK!!

Want to dump the stock slop and send the power where it needs to go? Plus a seemingly HUGE increase in throttle response?
DA FUNK LOCK is for YOU!

This 2pc unit replaces the stock drivers side engine mount block with a double poly bushing setup.
This will resist tip throttle torque lift/shock. The stock setup enjoys to jump around violently beneath your hood, reeking HAVOC on your exhaust manifold and turbine housing as well as other hard mounted parts.

If you ever watched your engine jump about during an engine start, imagine what its doing with spirited driving and quick shifting under a load!
The design of DA FUNK LOCK is superior to the other aftermarket mounts due to the captive poly housing preventing any lift and stretch over time.

This is an upgraded poly mount from another company that has approx 1000mi on it.
This was installed on a TBi setup generating 350wtq. As you can see the piece was being pulled apart!

WOW!! Look at how little there is actually holding this mount together!

And the bonus, the increase in idle vibe with DA FUNK LOCK is minimal compared to the other poly mounts currently offered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phYLgT1Lr0g
Medium Poly's were used in this video.

Take back control over your horsepower and leave the others in the dust!

Price per unit  $TBD shipped.

You have the option to go with a race poly or old man caddy rubber inserts aswell. These inserts are interchangeable so for an extra $10 each, you can purchase additional bushings.

PM me your address along with the insert you want.

UPDATE

FYI: The OLD FART Bushings are a rubber insert and WILL wear faster than the poly's. How quick, we do not know. How do I know this? Because these are made in the USA by Americans... that speak engrish! :P

So if you include an extra $10 I will send both the Medium Poly as well as the OLD FART bushings. Just be sure to request it in the PM.

I think you will be more than happy with the Med Poly's.  8)
87 Conquest Tsi: 519whp 519wtq 7.09@102--10.95@122
CLICK TO SEE BUILD

FunkyPhil

• Administrator
Re: Funk Lock
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 10:50:36 PM »
Here is another video of  a startup/throttle blip with 74,XXXmi OEM mounts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lSPVTmqGNI

And people wonder why their manifolds and turbine housings crack. Ever rip the studs out of your head?
CLICK TO SEE BUILD

FunkyPhil

• Administrator
Re: Funk Lock
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 10:51:13 PM »
Reviews  8)

Got mine. working good.

Quote from: CaliConquestAlex
Hey folks, i just picked up one of Funky Phil's Da funk lock engine mounts that replaces the driver's side mount and all I can say is WOW! This thing really works to reduce the movement of the engine at idle as well as when revving. There's literally NO tip in movement. I had just installed a new set of stock mounts and by comparison this thing ROCKS! Even in my MPI car with a 284m cam, the engine is kept in check nicely. I'm not sure if it's taboo or not, but here's a link to his thread on the 2.6liter.us site. I'll be posting pics and video of my car running sometime this weekend. http://www.26liter.u...hp?topic=5628.0

Quote from: larry32t
I am also running Da Funk lock, if you want some serious throttle response get it while you can, I have about 1200 miles on mine, it works phenomenally no extra vibration like the stedbani hard mounts.

Quote from: psu_Crash
Finally got my Funk Lock installed today! So here's my impression My engine would rock like a cradle at start up/shut down and when I cracked the throttle it would literally lift an inch on the drivers side. With this mount in there it barely moves at all. Matter of fact when I crack the throttle now it torques the car pretty good Clutch engagement is a huge difference too. Rock solid compared to new OEM mounts with about 2k on them. What used to be a good launch, now breaks traction. The only downside to this mount is the added vibration. My idle isn't exactly perfect to begin with but this mount seriously amplifies that. Idling at 900-1k it is pretty harsh but smooths out nicely when driving the car or revving it just a little. Honestly this is probably more of a tune issue and error on my end. It's a far more rigid mount. Extra vibration is to be expected. I wish I had a video of before and after installing this. It really is night and day. Over all I'm very happy with it!!!

Quote from: Crazy Quest
I really love this mount and have had mine for probably 3000 miles. It is a quality peice that went in easy and has helped control the torque of my motor tremendously. I have a new stock passenger side mount and Polly trans mount and my car does rattle around a little at idle with a mild cam at about 900rpm. I have noticed a big increase in throttle response. That's my take on it. Worth the buy for a well modified quest in my opinion.

After having these mounts in for about 200 miles now I thought I'd report back. They do seem to break in somewhat and the initial vibrations I was experiencing aren't as bad. I also increased my idle to about 1k and that helped things out greatly. Damn car never did like to idle anyways. These mounts made it feel like an entirely different car, for the better! Clutch engagement and shifting are much more crisp and solid. Throttle response isn't something I noticed as much but I think that is along the same lines as the solid clutch feel. Out driving around you would never know it wasn't a stock mount as far as vibrations go. So I'm still very happy with this mount! BTW Metric, I bought this when Phil was first building them a while back but didn't get a chance to install until recently so I couldn't tell you what I paid for it. Somewhere around $60 if I recall correctly ... which I may not ...

BTW I am still very happy with my mount. Vibrations settled down as the mount "broke in" over 500 miles or so. Like Crazy said, anyone who is making decent power or just wants a more solid feel to the car this is the way to go. It really changes the entire feel of the car. In a good way ;)

Funk Locks is a great way t o get your kids to fall fast asleep

OK,,,,,,,,,,, i received my Funk Loc,,,,,,,, and i have to say, it is very very well built with some really nice reinforcement welded in. it installed rather easily. i have driven the car and the vibration on the "old Man" insert is minimal, yet holds the power like a champ. the powder coat is a real nice touch to it so i know it will last and last. You guys building any power should look into one.

Phil you never cease to amaze me. Great craftsmanship, quality and it even looks good!
CLICK TO SEE BUILD

intercooledflatty

• Tire Shredder
Re: Funk Lock Feedback and Review
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 08:35:24 AM »
Quality of this part is outstanding, can't wait to get it installed  ???