Author Topic: Data logging & understanding the stock ecu. Evolution of the TBI Monster to Mpi  (Read 62405 times)

Sqr

• TBI Guy
  • TBi WHP KING
I do not think i ever posted these from back in may.

Sqr

• TBI Guy
  • TBi WHP KING
Quote from: funkyp
those 60fts are everything. Do you spin any when leaving? Or are you just focusing on slipping the clutch?
What turbo is that??? Is that an FP cover?
Kinugawa 20g. Apparently 3" inlet translates to 3 3/16 in Chinese. Fortunately i had a stretched out coupling.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kinugawa-Mitsubishi-3-Turbo-Compressor-Housing-Wheel-TD05-TD06-20G-/150912389453?hash=item232314514d&item=150912389453&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

So far i like it. With the boost controller off it hits 26 psi and drops to 24.5 at 5500. Hopefully when i bring the boost control in it will hit 26 quicker with out spiking higher. I only made 2 pulls to 5500 in thrid. I did get to the track hoping to play with the boost controller, but it was late and busy so i did not buy a tech card. I did get to see a quest run 10.65 @ 133.  :wink: 2 gay gee or not, Serpents car was moving.  :)

Sqr

• TBI Guy
  • TBi WHP KING
So since the spring 2012 dyno i have 7 psi more fuel pressure (54 psi base) and 5% more injector cc (swaped the 1050 primary for a 1200), And i am still maxing them out.  8) . I wish i could get a bigger secondary. Hopefully the dyno day will work out good.
Quote from: notstock88
VERY good work.
Thank you.

Sqr

• TBI Guy
  • TBi WHP KING
Oct 29 2012

Last Dyno

New Dyno Boost peaked at 27.7 and tailed of to 26.5

Sqr

• TBI Guy
  • TBi WHP KING
11 24 2012

Well everything is copied over from the old fourm. I did add a little here and there and edit some stuff out.

Sqr

• TBI Guy
  • TBi WHP KING
I got to the track a week ago. She is trapping like a supra.  :) Low 50's air temp.  Now if i could just nail the 60' and the 1-2 shift. I only made these 4 runs. Whopped a new Camaro and a turbo honda. 

FunkyPhil

• Administrator
yeah, getting your 60ft together makes all the difference in the world. You need to try being more aggressive.

Im gonna give you moderator privileges aswell.
87 Conquest Tsi: 519whp 519wtq 7.09@102--10.95@122
CLICK TO SEE BUILD

Sqr

• TBI Guy
  • TBi WHP KING
Slim, sexy, curvy. 20g size. Picked this up at a discount price.

FunkyPhil

• Administrator
what?? hahahaha

billet wheels do look nice though....
CLICK TO SEE BUILD

Sqr

• TBI Guy
  • TBi WHP KING
And the top of the box mentions. Durability, Performance and Brand Image. LOL.

Hopfully there was some foucus on the Durability Performance.

FunkyPhil

• Administrator
You have the highest HP 20G btw. lol  Stompin some MPI ass! No wonder everyone is doin a swap hahaha
CLICK TO SEE BUILD

Sqr

• TBI Guy
  • TBi WHP KING
Well i reprogrammed the data logger to measure more airflow and swapped out the 50psi back pressure sensor for a 100 psi one.

Airflow topped out at 2500hz, about what i expected. Back pressure maxed out at 60 psi @ 25 in the manifold.

I finally got motivated to slap on the billet compressor. Unfortunately the snow and salt flew before i finished. Should have worked on it during the week! Now i have to wait for another deluge to wash the salt from the roads.

An evo made 600 with a 7 blade kts 20g compressor recently. (tdo6h 14cm hot side).

Sure is sexy.

Sqr

• TBI Guy
  • TBi WHP KING
Well i had it out a couple of times with the new compressor. It is a little peppier at low rpm and a tad more power up top. Makes 2 more psi on the spring, 27 vs 25. Maxing the injector's out again. I need to play with the boost controller to see if i can get it to ramp up a little quicker.

FunkyPhil

• Administrator
So whats next for fuel?
CLICK TO SEE BUILD

Sqr

• TBI Guy
  • TBi WHP KING
More injectors and a stand alone is the best answer.

A oem primary in the ovc pipe to supplement the secondary would get the job done at wide open throttle. I just always felt that option was a fire hazard. I did also find a bigger injector that might work as a secondary if the fitment is compatible.

I will probably just let the fuel side alone for now and work on getting the slycone t3 exhaust housing fitted up and maybe the recirculated bov i have been wanted to do for a while.